Momentum e-Learning Course: Strategy Starters for Today’s Association Professional for Association Trends
Recorded On: 02/12/2018
A 3-Module Online Course for Strategy-Focused Association Executives
Qualifies For Up To 4 CAE Credits
You inspire your colleagues and volunteer leaders but who’s inspiring you? Momentum Online Learning Course is designed not only to inspire you, but to share proven, adaptable strategies for creating momentum in your work for your association.
Presented in bite-sized segments, Momentum takes a deep dive into the strategies working for associations today. Join host Mary Byers, CAE, as she explores thought-provoking concepts designed to help you keep your association’s edge.
This three module course features video interviews, valuable resource downloads, case studies, and quizzes. You’ll also gain key insights from what Mary has learned as she’s connected with associations around the world. The modules are followed by a LIVE Capstone Event during which Mary will share bonus strategies and answer questions.
- Questionology™: Harnessing Advanced Inquiry to Drive Strategy
- Experiment: Permission to Win When Nothing is Certain
- Leap: Strategies to Accelerate Progress and Make Big Gains
Momentum is designed for convenient consumption and is offered as a self-paced course, accessible anytime, anywhere.
This online course is intended for senior leaders of membership organizations including Executive Directors and C-Suite Executives. This course is eligible or 3 CAE credit hours. A fourth CAE credit is available for attending the LIVE Capstone event.
Questionology™: Harnessing Advanced Inquiry to Drive Strategy
Challenging assumptions and asking the right questions are two ways to drive business success. In this module you’ll learn:
- The new questions associations need to ask and how the answers can change your trajectory
- How small tweaks can create big gains
- How to create a questioning culture
- Why both confirming and disconfirming matter
- What to keep in mind when asking hard questions
Experiment: Permission to Win When Nothing is Certain
Glenn Allen, co-founder of OpenTable, says “Breakthroughs in business don’t follow set formulas. We must continually explore options, test and modify our assumptions based on results and feedback. Then, we can adapt to what we experience and learn.”
Rigorous experimentation allows an association to lead and adapt consistently while still meeting the day-to-day demands of the organization. In this module you’ll learn:
- How to set up experiments
- Why new programs don’t always need (and shouldn’t have) a splashy rollout
- How to use project teams for simultaneous exploration
- Promoting experimentation so volunteer leaders come to expect it
- How pricing and packing experiments are essential to your future
- How an experiment can lead to a signature program
Leap: Strategies to Accelerate Progress and Make Big Gains
What should you do when you are being outpaced by change? Or when your member market has changed significantly (and your association hasn’t)? Or when your very existence is threatened? In this module you’ll learn:
- How one of the largest engineering societies in the world used four leaps to survive “The Great Recession”
- How to harness a 90-day sprint to create move-ahead gains
- How tackling a member challenge head-on created a leap for one agriculture association
- The value of data in leapfrogging
- How taking one step creates momentum
Live Capstone Webcast: February 12, 2018 - 2:00pm ET (60 mins)
Join Mary live online for bonus strategy starters to jump-start your thinking on behalf of your association. Includes a live chat with fellow “Momentum” students. You’ll learn about adaptive thinking, see a new membership pricing strategy, revisit the power of pilot programs and more. Plus, Mary will take your questions live!
Mary Byers, CAE
Association Consultant and Leadership Speaker
Mary Byers, Inc.
Mary is a nationally recognized author, speaker, facilitator and consultant.
Mary helps associations remain relevant in an increasingly competitive environment. Through highly interactive programs and carefully choreographed retreats, Mary uses compelling questions and thought-provoking techniques to encourage participation and drive change.
The author of Race for Relevance: 5 Radical Changes for Associations and Road to Relevance: 5 Strategies for Competitive Associations, she’s worked with a wide variety of associations (both individual membership and trade groups) and helps volunteer leaders and staff alike create a viable and sustainable future.
Mary is the founder of the Successful Associations Today podcast and is a frequent contributor to association publications.
The Price for this e-Course is $325.00.